All images and contents of this blog © Ginny Baker. Please don't use without permission.

Friday, January 14, 2011

FRIDAY FINDS

Years ago, I stumbled across a wonderful book filled with gorgeous animal art and funny sayings. For whatever reason, I put the book back on the shelf and did not purchase it that day. A week or two later, I went back to the store, hoping to purchase it, but couldn't find it and like a knucklehead, I hadn't written down the name of the artist, or the title of the book!

I thought about this wonderful artist on and off through the years, and recently set an intention to find her and her book. Would you believe a good friend of mine sent me an email forward yesterday and there was this woman's art??? Not only that, but her name was right across the top of the email! Now usually when you get an email forward that contains photos or artwork, it doesn't normally contain the name of the artist. But there it was, plain as day!! After all these years, it took three days after I set my intention to find this artist. :-) So let me introduce her to you.

Her name is Jane Seabrook and she works in watercolors. Her books depict realistic portraits of birds, and assorted animals whose expressions or poses fit the funny or thought-provoking quotes that accompany them.

Doesn't this gorgeous owl look like he could be saying, "DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE?" LOL Check out her work. It's phenomenal!



Owl copyright - Jane Seabrook.

No comments: