Sunday, August 10, 2008
I'VE BEEN TAGGED - 7 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME
I've been tagged by my fried Cathy from Cathy's Creations to share 7 random things about myself. So here goes:
1. I've been married twice, the first time way too young at 20 yrs. old and then again at 32.
2. Because of that, my kids, Joshua and Caitlin, are 10 years apart in age.
3. I am currently separated from my second husband after over 20 yrs. together, 16 1/2 of them married. This past year has been a really rough one on me emotionally. We are still very much in love with each other. Not sure how it's all going to end up though.
4. I have strong faith in God, but absolutely no faith in church. I spent many, many years searching through so many churches trying to find truth and all I ever found was that each one manipulated scripture into their own "truth" to suit their own selfish purposes.
5. I do, however, very much believe in the power of our thoughts to create and effect our lives. I believe this is a gift God gave to all of us. Unfortunately, most people are unaware of it or don't understand it. I find the study of all of that, whether you call it the power of thought, law of attraction, whatever, to be absolutely fascinating. I have seen much evidence of it in my own life.
6. I used to be absolutely horse crazy when I was a young teen, to the point that my Mom started fining me a quarter for every time I said the word horse, she was so tired of it all. My parents told me I could have one if I could save enough money to buy one. They thought I would lose interest. I saved every penny I could. I made a whopping $1.00 an hour babysitting back then, so I baby-sat about half the kids in our neighborhood for a while there! I also saved every bit of money I received for birthdays, Christmas, etc. A year and a half later I had $150 with no sign of giving up, so my parents took pity on me and kicked in the other $100 (unbelievable that you could buy a horse for $250 in 1974 huh?!) and bought me my horse. I named him Shane and I had him for just over a year, from age 14-15, before my parents said all the upkeep was just too much and we had to sell him. He was sold to a lovely lady who let me come visit him and ride him for a while after she bought him, but after awhile I stopped because he just wasn't "my" horse any more. I haven't been on a horse since!
7. I'm claustrophobic. I wasn't when I was a kid, but I sure am now. I had to have a couple MRI's because I used to suffer from wicked migraines and the last one I had was one of those closed tube things. The only way I could get through it was to do it in 10 min. increments! I will NEVER have another one, unless they knock me unconcious!
Oh boy, now I have to tag 7 people as well. Okay here's my list:
Michele of Michele Lynch Designs
Jenny of Kind Clay (trying again Jenny! LOL)
Helen of Helen's Clay Art
Debbie of Deb's Creative Ramblings
Cat of C.A. Therien Polymer Clay Art
Amanda of Confessions of a Craft Mom
Darleen of Darbella Designs