All images and contents of this blog © Ginny Baker. Please don't use without permission.

Monday, August 25, 2008

MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY



Today's quote:

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

---William Arthur Ward

I know this to be true. I had a desire to learn to sculpt. I had no idea where to even begin. I was definitely no prodigy, LOL. I remember when I was a kid and my mom would take my brothers and me to the local mall, they always wanted to check out the toy store. I wanted to spend hours in the collectibles shop. I was fascinated by the variety of figurines there. I knew, somehow, that was what I wanted to do. In a way I felt it was what I was meant to do.

It wasn't until some years later I actually began to try, and though I met with some early success, I can't say it came all that naturally. I took one very basic clay class, and the teacher did say I had natural talent, but I sure couldn't see it then! I went through tons of frustration, put the clay down and walked away many, many times, but I always had to go back. The desire to create, to sculpt, was much stronger than the frustration at not being able to do so the way I wanted to yet.

But all along I imagined myself to be an artist. I dreamt of being an artist. I held a vision of myself being an artist who sculpts with clay. In time, my reality matched my dreams.

2 comments:

cathy said...

I think that desire is what keeps us going when it just seems too hard to do. If we just stick with it, we will succeed. Great post Ginny & your Schaunzer is beautiful!

Ginny Baker said...

Oh yeah Cathy I agree! That strong desire leads to perseverance and that makes all the difference in the world. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on the schnauzer! One of my favorite breeds. :o)